Monday, 15 February 2010

Monsties Tutorial

I've been asked by a few people about how exactly you make the legs of my Monsties pattern . I looked over the pattern and realised it's not that clear to understand, so I've made a little tutorial to show you. I hope it helps!

This is the Monstie up to and including row 15. At this point - if using safety eyes - you need to attach them. I use the end of row 15 as a centre point to position them.



After attaching the eyes, start row 16. SC 15....



... and then join with a Slst to the beginning of the row.



This completes row 16, and seperates the legs (:b)

This is the 1st leg after row 17...



... and this is the 1st leg completed.



Next, start leg 2 by attaching yarn with a Slst to any where on the leg (the space where you're gonna crochet the leg). This is going back to row 17 in the pattern.



Continue to row 19 and finish off. Your Monstie should now look like this...




All you need to do now is stuff the Monstie, crochet the bottom of the feet and sew them on...



... and glue/stitch on the mouth, add hair and you're done!



I hope that helped a bit; if you still have any questions just comment below and I'll get back to you asap :D

Thankies, and enjoy your Monsties!

3 comments:

  1. I think I need to make one so my pink one has a pal. :] They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! About an hour after I emailed you on Ravelry last night (user name lemonbar77), I accidentally smooshed the body together and Eureka! I figured out how to do row 16. But seeing everything makes me so happy.

    Here's my little guy :-)
    http://twitpic.com/13i3sf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! :D

    Jeremy - you're more than welcome, and I love your Monstie!! His little face makes me smile! :D Glad you managed to get the pattern figured out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Commenting! <3