Wednesday, 17 February 2010

What I've been Making

Another busy crochet week! Mostly amigurumi but I've also been working on a blanket I'm making for the craft fair in December. I haven't got a picture of it yet as it's only 8 squares big, but I hope to soon.

Late last week I finished Totoro:


Pattern: Blue Totoro by Heavens Hellcat


I really liked the pattern - it was very detailed yet easy to follow. I've never seen the actual cartoon (film?!) Totoro but I thought he was so cute I just had to make him! I'd love to make another one some time.

Next up was a variation on my Sam The Teddy Bear pattern:


Pattern: Sam The Teddy Bear by Me lol!


I'd bought some Aran weight yarn on Friday and really liked the thickness and softness of it. I thought it'd make a great cuddly teddy bear, so I made Cyril! The variation on the pattern is:

Arms:

Row 5. Bobble Stitch, Sc 17 (18)

Rows 7-11. Sc around (12)

I love Cyril! I made him for the craft fair but I'm really tempted to keep him!

Finally, I was thinking, again, about the craft fair and thought it would be nice to have something extra special as a kind of centre piece for the table. So I thought 'Why not make a massive amigurumi Kokeshi Doll?!' So that's what I started. I've done 36 rows and I've only completed the top of the head! I've now ran out of yarn and the shop hasn't got any at the moment so I'm having to wait until they get more in. Here's what I've done so far:



I'm planning to make her about 25'' tall. Probably gonna take me until December to finish her!!

And that's what I've been working on this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting! <3