Tuesday, 8 September 2009

Good Bye To A Friend

No 'Best Of' this week, instead I'm saying good-bye to a very dear friend who has been living with me since June. We've been on many adventures over the summer, getting into all sorts of trouble. I'm talking of course, about Walter The Rainbow Dinosaur.



Walter is my Little Visitor in the Swap of the same name over at Craftster.org. In the swap, you are paired up with a swap partner and you exchange Little Visitors ('LV's') - small toys - that then travel round with you for a few months. Wherever you go, so does your LV and your camera, to document your adventures.



I was paired with the lovely Hilary from Minnitonka. I sent one of the Eggberts, Eddie, and she sent Walter. He arrived in early June, and since then we've been to lots of places. We've been sightseeing in London, holidaying in Cyprus, strolling along the seafront at Southend and on many other trips.



I myself don't usually get out much; I don't work due to illness and I spend most of my time at home doing various crafts to pass the time. So Walter has been the perfect excuse to get out and about! I wish I could've taken him to more places really, but for me it was quite a lot lol! You can check out all what we've been getting up to on his special blog I made for him!



But all good things must come to an end, and today Walter had to be sent back home to the US. I packed him up in his box with lots of goodies I'd collected over the months from our days out, a scrapbook and a CD with all his pics on. 195 in all lol! I hope he has a safe journey home to Minnetonka and I also hope Hilary will like the stuff I sent back!

So, farewell Walter, I'll miss you! *Mwah*

9 comments:

  1. Aww! Bye Walter! Hope you have a safe trip home!

    http://peebsandroo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, I teared up. That was great. (that pic of him in the plane killed me...I'm such a sap)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bon voyage!

    I like speaking French ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Bye Walter!! Looks like you two had an amazing time together!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like lots of fun! What an adventure for Walter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw this is such a cute post! i hope he has a safe journey home :)

    if you dont mind me asking, whats your illness? i also cant work because of illnesses and ive found crafting to be a real help :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You all for your replies!

    Hi Displacedmind!! I had a brain tumour in 2001 and it's taken ages to get over it, plus I have severe OCD which stops me from working. I'd be a nightmare for employers, but I'd so love to work :( Crafting really does help though, doesn't it! I don't know what I'd do with my time otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh *hugs* im really sorry to hear that hun :(
    yeah its great, i think it also helps you to feeling your doing something worthwhile by creating things <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Commenting! <3