Wednesday, 16 September 2009

Free Pattern: Mini Amigurumi Top Hat!


I'm happy to bring you my second free pattern: the Mini Ami Top Hat!

A little while ago I wanted a crocheted top hat for an ami alien I was making called Mr. Morris. He is a gentleman alien and so had to have a top hat. I couldn't find an ami top hat pattern, so decided to make my own up. You can see a pic of the finished Mr. Morris at the bottom of this post!

The finished hat measures just under 1'' tall when using a 3.5mm hook. All you need for this pattern is Single Crochet, Increase and slip stitch. Also you'll need to know how to work in the back loops and front loops separately. For info on all these stitches and techniques, check out NexStitch.com.

So here's the pattern. It hasn't been tested, so if there's any mistakes please leave a comment and I'll correct it. I hope you enjoy it!

Mini Ami Top Hat

You will need
. 3.75mm (US size F) crochet hook
. Small amount of black yarn (I used Double Knit)
Eyes
. Stitch marker

Abbreviations
Ch - Chain Stitch
Sc - Single Crochet
St/Sts - Stitch/Stitches
Slst - Slip Stitch
Inc (Increase) - 2 Sc into 1 St
** - Marks a group of stitches to be repeated until the round if completed

*Work In continuous rounds, do not join*

1. Ch 2, Sc 6 into 2nd Ch from hook (6)
2. Inc around (12)
3. *Sc, Inc* around (18)
4. IN BACK LOOPS ONLY: Sc around (18)
5-9. BACK TO NORMAL STITCHES: Sc around (18)
10. FRONT LOOP ONLY: Sc around (18)
11. BACK TO NORMAL STITCHES: *Sc, Inc* around (27)
12. Sc around (27)

*Bind Off, Weave In End*

Flip rim up so it gives your hat a little brim, and flatten the top of the hat.

Done!

Now you have a super smart ami!

I hope you enjoyed the pattern! If you have any questions at all about the pattern please comment below and I'll get back to you!

***And Now... Mr. Morris!***

15 comments:

  1. AH, I just drew up a sketch to make an ami snowman, and was wondering if and how I should make a top hat, or make one just out of felt. Thanks so much! If I get around to making him (ha, probably not soon with school and everything) I'll definitely use this pattern and let you know! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute!


    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    Following you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You all very much!!
    I'd love to see the snowman when he's finished, mochaxlight! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is... SO cute! I want to put it on my rat! lol. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! put it on a monster from your pattern as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Yeah I reckon a Monstie would look great with a top hat! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this! I whip up a hat for my ami owl. Ohh, how smart he looks now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhhhhh thank you! Added this to a bunny I made and it uped its cutness by like +1000.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you do much EssHaych. The pattern is just what I was looking for and the perfect size as well. Much appreciated. ��������

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable. I used a larger hook (5.5mm) & red heart super saver yarn. The completed project was 2 inches high. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Commenting! <3