Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Small Ami Octopus Pattern

As promised, the free Octopus pattern I said I'd post :D

She's pretty simple to make, and isn't much different from alot of other Octopus amigurumi you find on the internet, but I just thought I'd make my own up.

This pattern hasn't been tested, so if you spot any mistakes please comment below and I'll correct them.

Enjoy!




Small Ami Octopus

You Will Need:
. Crochet Hook (I used 3.75mm [F]. This will keep your stitches nice and tight and the tentacles curly)
. Small Amount Of Worsted Weight/Double Knit Yarn
. 9mm Safety Eyes
. Stitch Markers Or Piece Of Scrap Yarn
. Yarn/Embroidery Needle
. Poly-fill Or Other Stuffing
. Button (Optional)

Abbreviations
. Ch - Chain Stitch
. Sc - Single Crochet
. Hdc – Half Double Crochet
. St/Sts - Stitch/Stitches
. Slst - Slip Stitch
. Inc (Increase) - 2 Sc into 1 St
. Dec (Decrease) – 1 Sc across 2 Sts
. ** - Marks a group of stitches to be repeated until the round is completed

Gauge
No gauge, just keep your stitches nice and tight to avoid gaps in your work

Finished Size
2’’ Tall by 3’’ Wide (approx) using a 3.75mm (F) hook

Other Info
. As this is amigurumi, work in continuous rounds; in a spiral. Don’t join at the end of a row; just keep going
. Use stitch markers or a piece of scrap yarn to mark the start of every round. Replace at the start of the next round as you go along. This will help you keep track of where you started, and saves a lot of time if things go wrong!
. Although I am English, I write my patterns in American terms, so Sc means Single Crochet; Dc means Double Crochet etc.
. The number at the end of each round is the number of stitches you should now have
. Although I have used certain colours for this ami please feel free to use whichever colours you like!
. I strongly recommend using a small hook i.e.- 3.75mm (F), to keep the proportions of the toy as they are in the pictures

Body
1. Ch2, Sc 6 into 2nd Ch from hook, or Magic Ring 6 (6)
2. Inc around (12)
3. *Sc, Inc* around (18)
4. *Sc 2, Inc* around (24)
5. Sc around (24)
6. *Sc 3, Inc* around (30)
7-11. Sc around (30)
12. *Sc 3, Dec* around (24)

*Add Eyes Now*

13. Dec around (12)

*Stuff Now*

14. Dec around (6)
*Bind off, weave in end*


Tentacles
Ch14, Hdc 2 into 2nd Ch from hook, Hdc 3 in each Ch across
Bind off, leave long tail for sewing to body*

~If tentacles are not curly enough; twist from the bottom up, and they should stay in place~

Assembly
Sew each tentacle to the underside of the body

Ta-Da!

6 comments:

  1. So cute! Thanks for the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for sharing :) will try this tomorrow. Love your ami creations (found your blog via facebook) Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. My first ami! Thank you so much. I'm making a ton of them for my little boy to play with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! I made my daughter a larger ami octopus, this one will go perfect with it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Commenting! <3